- Army Survey
- Address Change
- Surface Clean Explained
- Yard of the Month
- Summer Fun & Safety
- Summer Community Center Reminders
- Green Corner
- Want to know what is happening in your community?
- Upcoming Events
On May 4th we kicked off our Army RCI Housing Survey. Check your email for the survey link which runs until June 5th. This important survey will help ensure the continued success of the RCI program in meeting your needs and will help guide the Army and Corvias in the development of future improvements to our homes and services. This survey is administered through a third party, CEL & Associates, Inc. (CEL). The survey results are confidential, so please express your true opinions and thoughts. All residents who complete the survey have the opportunity to be entered to win weekly prizes and a grand prize of 4 Hershey Park tickets with food and drink passes! If you have not received your survey link, please contact the Community Office.
New addresses are coming to APG. The address change is effective June 1st. Please remember to sign and return your lease addendum with your new address. Don’t forget to update your new address with post office. Contact the Community Office if you have questions.
If a PCS is in your future we want to let you know more about our “surface clean” requirement for homes at the time of move out. The surface-clean requirement is designed to ease the “check-out” process for military families and eliminate “white glove” inspections. It is no longer necessary to hire a cleaning team to achieve the level of cleanliness considered acceptable for move out. If you would like to hire a cleaner or cleaning team please feel free to do so, but it is not necessary.
Surface-clean condition implies that a home is left clean throughout. When a home is cleaned regularly, it should only require a wipe down and sweep/vacuum at move-out to deliver surface-clean condition. In detail, this means that the appliances, cabinets (inside and out), counter tops and windowsills should be wiped down with a cleaning solution and then with clear water. In addition, the floors should be cleaned with the appropriate solution to remove dirt and grime. Carpeted floors should be vacuumed. All personal items and trash need to be removed from the house. If you have specific questions or concerns, your Community Office team can walk you through the process.
Break out the gardening gloves! Yard of the Month is back. The yard of the month program will reward those who make a special effort to improve their yard and beautify their home. Each yard of the month winner will receive a yard of the month sign to be displayed in front of the home, and a$25 gift card.
Judging and Rules:
Judging will be conducted by the 15th of the month. Photos of the top 3 yards for each community will be posted on our Facebook page.
The yard with the most “likes” will win. Winners will be notified. A resident may win only once during the 2017 Yard of the Month program.
School is out and summer is finally here! This is the time for baseball games; cook outs, family gatherings, and playing hide & seek! Here are some safety tips to help keep you and your family safe this summer:
- The weather is beautiful outside – the days are longer which means more time to play outdoors. Please ensure that you are familiar with the installation child supervision policy. This policy is in place to ensure the safety of the children of the community.
- The summer time temperatures can reach a real feel of over a 100, in a locked car, that temperature is much higher. Do not leave a child or an animal in a vehicle. If you see a child or pet in a locked car, please remember to call 911 for assistance.
- Pools – only wading pools 12” in height or less are allowed in the backyard and must be supervised while in use. Pools should be emptied out daily and turned over when not in use for safety purposes. Still water will attract pesky mosquitos.
- Grills – we love the taste of freshly grilled hamburgers – please remember to use your grill in the back of your home and keep it 10 feet away when in use.
- Landscaping – please check to see what day your street is scheduled to be mowed so that you can ensure that your yard is ready. Keeping your grass mowed will help reduce insects in your yard during the hot summer months.
- Lock your doors when not at home even if you are right next door, at the park, at the pool, will be right back, etc. – PLEASE lock your door. For security purposes our maintenance technicians will not enter an “unlocked” home when responding to a routine work order. Also, make sure that you secure your car and do not leave valuables in your vehicle.
- Pets – please take care and control all pets in a manner which is harmonious with the community. APG only allows 2 pets per household and all pets need to be registered Pets must be on a leash at all times. Poop scoop is mandatory!
To ensure you and your family (to include your four legged fur babies) are staying hydrated and know the warning signs: Beat the Heat:
Hydrate to make sure that you are drinking plenty of water to reframe from becoming dehydrated.
Educate yourself on being exposed to excessive heat. Please check the weather reports for heat index and watch for the warning signs.
Attentive seek medical attention if you show signs of dizziness, nausea, vomiting, cramping, or increase in heart rate.
Temperature will cause heat overexertion. Stay in air conditioning or shaded areas. Take hourly breaks especially if you are working outdoors or exercising.
Summer time is a great time to build wonderful memories. We care for our residents and we want you to be safe this summer!! If you have any additional questions, please feel free to reach out to the Community Center.
- No one under 18 years old is permitted in the fitness center at any time.
- Children under 14 must be accompanied by an adult when using the amenities at the Community Center.
- No wet bathing suits permitted in the Community Center.
- Kids cannot play in the Yoga Room – unless they are taking a class.
Keep curtains and shades closed to help keep sunlight out. The sun can increase the temperature in a room by several degrees.
Your community calendar can help you stay up-to-date on trash, recycling, lawn care, resident events and community activities.
You can even sync your community calendar with a personal Google calendar by clicking on the +Google button on the bottom right-hand corner of the calendar.
Follow us on Facebook!
June 5th – Army Survey deadline! Ensure you take your survey for a chance to win 4 Hershey Park Tickets with food and drink passes
June 14th – Army Birthday
June 18th – Happy Father’s Day