- Valentine’s Day Fun Facts
- Earn $500
- Military Saves Week
- Maintenance Tips
- Scholarship Applications due this month!
- Tree Disposal
- Green corner
- Want to know what is happening in your community
- Upcoming Events
Valentine’s Day is approaching. Sixty-two percent of Americans celebrate Valentine’s Day. How do they observe it? Here are some fun facts about this day:
- In the middle Ages, young men and women drew names from a bowl to see who would be their Valentine. They would wear this name pinned onto their sleeves for one week for everyone to see. This was the origin of the expression "to wear your heart on your sleeve."
- About 1 billion Valentine’s Day cards are exchanged each year. This makes it the second largest seasonal card sending time of the year.
- Teachers will receive the most Valentine's Day cards, followed by children, mothers, wives, sweethearts and pets.
- Over $1 billion worth of chocolate is purchased for Valentine's Day in the U.S.
- 73% of people who buy flowers for Valentine's Day are men, while only 27% are women.
You can earn $500 by referring someone to live at APG, you can receive $500. Hurry and take advantage of this limited-time offer. Contact our office to check availability or for more information on this program.
Military Saves Week begins February 27! Saving your hard-earned money year-round is a great way to ensure your family’s financial preparedness. Take this week to review your saving plans. Set your goals, even small ones, and start saving now. For more information, please visit www.militarysaves.org to review savings tips, tools, resources, and strategies.
It is important to recognize that, despite your savings plans, there may still be financial emergencies that cost more than your nest egg can cover. If you are ever in an unexpected financial emergency, the Air Force Aid Society can help. The Society can assist with living expenses, emergency travel, vehicle expenses, funeral expenses, and other emergencies. For more information, please visit www.afas.org.
ACS offers classes on financial readiness and planning, the thrift savings plan, investing and other financial topics.
- Did you know that pushing the reset button for your outlets or garbage disposal will often times correct the issue? If your outlets seem to be not functioning properly, hit the red reset button in the middle of the two outlets to reset. Also, the disposal reset button which is located on the bottom of the unit under the kitchen sink will often fix a non-working disposal.
- Residents residing in upper level homes in Patriot Village are encouraged to pour a cup of hot water in the washer drain to prevent pipe freezing during the cold weather season.
Don’t forget! Applications for the Corvias Foundation $50,000 Scholarships for children of active-duty service members are due Thursday, February 9. The application is available online at corviasfoundation.org. $5,000 Scholarships for spouses are due May 4.
Last day for Christmas tree pickup is Saturday, February 4th. All trees must be curbside those days by 5:00AM. Please be sure to remove all inorganic decorations from the trees.
Water Conservation: When washing your hands, turn the water off while lathering. See more tips here!
Your community calendar can help you stay up-to-date on trash, recycling, lawn care, resident events and community activities.
You can even sync your community calendar with a personal Google calendar by clicking on the +Google button on the bottom right-hand corner of the calendar.
Follow us on Facebook!