- Future Address Change
- Spring Into Fun Egg Hunt
- We Need Your Help
- $5,000 Educational Grant
- Green corner
- Daylight Savings Time
- Want to know what is happening in your community
In order to be able to respond quicker to emergency calls and better serve those that work and live on the installation, Aberdeen Proving Ground has recently implemented their own 911 emergency response system. Previously, emergency calls were routed through Harford County Department of Emergency Services. As part of the change, the installation will also implement the United States Postal Service (USPS) standards for addressing on post.
What does this mean for residents?
Residents may be getting a new address. Over the next several months, the installation will begin to implement the USPS standards. At this time, installation services are working to define the process and schedule for this effort. More information will be provided to you in advance of any changes.
We know that you will have a lot of questions related to this change. We will keep you updated with the timeline, and what you will need to do as plans progress and information becomes available. Ultimately, these changes will help ensure the APG call center has all the tools it needs to keep your family and the installation safe during any incident.
Join us for our Spring Into Fun event on Friday, March 25th from 12 to 2 p.m. at the Bayside Community Center. There will be fun for the whole family! Enjoy egg hunts, photos with the bunny, prizes, crafts and refreshments. Don’t forget your camera to capture great memories and a basket to collect all the eggs you find. We look forward to seeing you there!
Egg Hunt Times:
- Ages 0-2 at 12:30pm
- Ages 3-5 at 12:45
- Ages 6-8 at 1pm
- Ages 9-12 at 1:15pm
- Ages 13-18 at 1:30pm
We take pride in the community and continue to take steps to increase our curb appeal. We need your help to support our efforts. With spring right around the corner, it is a perfect time to start cleaning up outside areas. Here’s how you can help:
- Trash containers should be cleared from the curb area no later than 6pm on the pickup day
- Holiday decorations should be removed from the exterior of the homes 15 days after the holiday
- Make sure that your carports, porches and the front of your home are clean and free from clutter
- Don’t forget to take a bag with you when walking your pet. Please be sure to dispose of the waste in an appropriate trash bin.
Our team will be working to repair damages to landscaping and curbs caused by the winter storm. We appreciate your help to make APG a beautiful place to live!
Are you a military spouse with dreams of completing your college degree? Visit corviasfoundation.org for more information and to apply for a $5,000 Educational Grant.
Daylight Savings Time begins Sunday, March 13th. Don’t forget to “spring” forward! Here are some survival tips to help adjust to the change:
- Prepare yourself! Make the time change incrementally beforehand by setting your alarm clock 15 minutes earlier and earlier for five days prior to daylight savings.
- On Saturday – get some vigorous exercise midday as exercise helps advance the body clock
- On Sunday Morning – get up at your regular time. Also, spend an hour or more outside in the sunshine as sunlight, just as exercise, is helpful in advancing our body clock. Experts recommend getting some moderate exercise midday.
This is a great time to check your smoke detectors. Have you heard a faint beeping noise in your home? It may be time to change the smoke detector batteries. If you ever hear this noise, please contact the Reece Crossings Office. We’ll be happy to come and change the batteries for you.
How can you clean vegetables and save water? It’s easy! Instead of letting the faucet run while you clean your vegetables, just rinse them in a plugged sink or in a pan of clean water.
Your community calendar can help you stay up-to-date on trash, recycling, lawn care, resident events and community activities.
You can even sync your community calendar with a personal Google calendar by clicking on the +Google button on the bottom right-hand corner of the calendar.
Follow us on Facebook!
Upcoming events and important dates: