Corvias Property Management

Aberdeen Proving Ground


Want More Info?

Have a question about our homes or communities before applying?

  • Military Homes
  • Military Rentals
  • On-Post Housing
  • Wait List
  • Housing Application

Our neighborhood management teams are here to help!

Have you already submitted your application? We understand that the application process can be stressful, so be sure to review our FAQs to help ease you through it! Please inform our staff if you have any special housing requirements so that we can work to best accommodate your family's needs.

I have my orders...

[+] I have received orders to Aberdeen Proving Ground. When can I apply for on-post housing?

Service members are eligible to apply for on-post housing once they have received orders to Aberdeen Proving Ground.

[+] Can my spouse apply for housing on my behalf?

Yes, a non-military or dual military spouse may apply for housing on behalf of the sponsor/senior service member. The non-sponsor submitting the application must be named on the sponsor's general power of attorney and present this document to the Corvias Leasing and Relocation Center.

[+] What type of dependent documentation is needed to house my family?

  • Army – DD 1172
  • Navy – Page 2
  • Air Force – Orders or DD 1172
  • Marine Corp – DD 1751
  • Coast Guard – CG 4170

[+] What is the rank structure for Aberdeen Proving Ground housing?

For on-post housing purposes: The ranks E-1 to E-5 are considered Junior Non-Commission Officers (JNCO). The ranks E-6 to E-8 are considered Senior Non-Commission Officers (SNCO). The rank of E-9 receives independent rank classification for housing but can also be housed in areas accepting Field Grade Officers (FGO). Officers, O1- to O-3, and WO1 to CW3 are Company Grade Officers (CGO) CW4, O4 and O5's are Field Grade Officers (FGO).

[+] Who determines Key and Essential (K+E) positions for housing?

Aberdeen Proving Ground Garrison Headquarters makes this determination.

[+] How do I submit an online application?

An online application can be submitted through our web site at Please note that your online housing application will be reviewed by our relocation staff and placed in a pending arrival status. You will be contacted by a member of our dedicated team of relocation specialists regarding your application status. They will assist you in completing housing eligibility requirements and supporting documents to ensure that your family experiences the improved quality of life being provided at Aberdeen Proving Ground.

[+] How is the on-post housing eligibility date determined?

Service members can apply for housing until they have received orders for Aberdeen Proving Ground or other duty station within 50 miles. For service members who are new to the Army, married, and have received orders to Aberdeen Proving Ground as their first duty station, the eligibility date for housing is the military entrance processing date. For service members who were single upon entering any branch of the military and married after initial enlistment, the eligibility date for housing is the date of marriage.

[+] Who will pay for my family's move if I am an incoming service member?

The move will be a government transportation move.

[+] I am a single service member with one child, am I eligible for on-post housing?

Yes, housing applications are accepted from single service members with legal dependents. The application, along with all other required documents, must be accompanied by a current court order (copy) indicating custody of the dependent(s) has been granted to the service member.

[+] I have a dual military household and my spouse is stationed at another installation. Can I apply for housing?

Dual service members are eligible for on-post housing at Aberdeen Proving Ground. The BAH will be taken for the senior ranking service member at the Aberdeen Proving Ground with the dependant rate. The remaining BAH is yours to keep.

[+] I am a dual military household. Whose name will my housing lease be under?

The lease will be placed in the name of the senior ranking service member.

[+] If I submit an online application, will housing be available when I arrive?

Once your application and all supporting documentation has been received and approved by our Leasing and Relocation Center, you will be placed on the appropriate waitlist. Wait times and availability are subject to change based on vacancy status.

[+] I will be relocating to Aberdeen Proving Ground in 8 months. Can you tell me how long my family will have to wait for on-post housing?

Wait times vary and are available on our website, Please visit our website for more information about housing options and wait times as you approach your PCS date.

[+] My family was assigned to a 4 four-bedroom home at my last duty station. Will I automatically qualify for 4 four-bedroom housing at APG?

At Aberdeen, service members with primary physical custody of three or more children automatically qualify for four-bedroom housing.

[+] Are Aberdeen Proving Ground houses furnished?

No, the houses are not furnished.

[+] What amenities are included with the home?

Aberdeen Proving Ground homes are fully equipped with a refrigerator, stove, and dishwasher. Garbage disposals and ice makers are available in select homes. The homes also feature full-size washer/dryer hookups. Corvias Military Living also offers free lawn care, maintenance, and snow removal services.

[+] Do you allow pets, and how many?

Yes, Aberdeen Proving Ground is a pet-friendly installation. There is a two-pet limit. Exotic pets, such as monkeys and snakes, are not permitted. In addition, dogs belonging to dangerous breeds, including Pit Bulls, American Staffordshire Bull Terriers, English Staffordshire Bull Terriers, Rottweilers, Chows, Doberman Pinschers, and wolf hybrids are prohibited from Aberdeen Proving Ground family housing areas. Please review the Corvias Pet Policy if you have additional questions. The Leasing and Relocation Center can provide you with a copy of this policy.

[+] Will Army families be responsible for their utility costs?

The Department of Defense has issued a policy that will require the family to eventually assume responsibility for excessive utility usage. Currently this program is not active at APG, but eventually all homes will participate in the program. Families living in participating homes are only required to pay the difference of the utility costs if they exceed more than 5 percent above the real monthly average utility usage for similar homes in their neighborhood. If the family uses less energy (electricity and gas) than the average, they will receive a refund or credit. More information and FAQs are provided at

[+] I am PCSing from my Corvias location. Where can I find more information on privatized housing?

For more information, visit the official site of the Military Housing Privatization Initiative (MHPI) Partners:

[+] What are the requirements for housing eligibility?

You are eligible for privatized family housing at Aberdeen Proving Ground if you are an active duty service member assigned to an installation within 50 miles of APG, a military retiree, or a federal employee. Service members can be placed on the waitlist once your orders to Aberdeen Proving Ground or other duty station within 50 miles have been received. Applications can be submitted through the website or in person by visiting the Leasing and Relocation Center at APG. After you complete the housing application and submit all required documentation, you can then be placed on the appropriate list.

[+] What determines my placement on the waitlist?

Your placement on the waitlist is based on your eligibility date. The eligibility date is typically determined by your PCS date from your last duty station or your date of application. If you are newly married, your date will be the day you were married. You must apply within 30 days of arrival otherwise your eligibility date will be the date of your application. There are some situations that may alter your date, so please check with the Leasing and Relocation Center to see if this applies to you.

[+] What documents are required to be placed on the waitlist?

To be placed on the waitlist, you will need to provide a completed application, a copy of your most current order, and your dependent documentation. Before you are able to accept a home, you will need to provide your most recent LES, a valid photo ID, and your DA-31 or equivalent (i.e. outprocessing checklist or stamped orders).

[+] What happens if I decline a home?

If an offer is made and you decline the home after viewing it, your eligibility date will change and you will go to the bottom of the waitlist. If availability allows, you will be given the opportunity to look at more than one home. After a third declination, you will be removed from the waiting list and will need to reapply for housing.

[+] What will my wait time be?

Your wait time is determined by the number of vacant homes. The wait time given is an estimation and is subject to change. However, every effort will be made to find adequate housing as quickly as possible. Please check with the Leasing and Relocation Center for updates. If a preference of floor plan or neighborhood is given, your wait time could be extended past the given estimate depending on current availability.

[+] What determines which list I am placed?

Your rank and the number of dependents will determine the size of your home, as well as the rank band of the home in which you will be placed. The rank bands are as follows: JNCO: E-1 to E-5; SNCO: E-6 to E-8; CSM/SM: E-9; CGO: O1/O1E to O3/O3E; FGO: O4 to O5; SGO: O6 to O9.

[+] What does it mean if I get bumped on the waitlist?

If you get bumped on the wait list, it means an incoming service member applied with an earlier eligibility date and went above you on the waitlist. Only the top 10 percent of every waitlist is frozen and those service members cannot be bumped. If a large number of service members arrive or return from deployment, your estimated wait time could change. Service members returning from deployment have priority.

[+] What happens if someone has the same eligibility date as me?

If someone has the same eligibility date, date-of-rank will be the secondary factor regarding placement on the list. The earlier date-of-rank will be placed first. If the date of rank is the same, date of entry into service will be used.

I have my orders and I have special circumstances...

[+] I am enrolled in the Exceptional Family Member Program (EFMP). Will I have priority placement on the waitlist?

EFMP status does not constitute priority placement on Aberdeen Proving Ground housing waitlists.

[+] I have a family member who requires a home with accessibility features or special home modifications due to a medical condition. Who do I see?

All home accessibility or modification inquiries must be directed to the Family Services Program Manager. Once you have completed the application, you may reach Family Services at 410-305-1070.

I've completed my application...

[+] How can I check my current position on the wait list?

Please contact the leasing office at (410) 305-1076 to check your position on the wait list.

[+] Is there a waitlist for the newly constructed homes?

At this time, Corvias does not have a waitlist specifically for newly constructed housing. While we do have new housing available for some rank bands, our waitlist operates based on the first available homes. Usually, the majority of our newly constructed homes are used for relocation of families displaced by renovations on post.

[+] May I request placement on more than one waitlist at one time?

Service members may occupy only one waitlist at one time.

[+] Once placed on the waitlist, may I transfer to a different list?

If the service member elects to change waitlists, the requests must be made within 30 days of initial placement on the waitlist in order to maintain the original housing eligibility date. Requests to change waitlists after 30 days will result in an eligibility date change to the current date of application except under certain circumstances, such as a change in rank or a change in family composition.

[+] Where do I stay while I wait for housing? Is there temporary housing?

Temporary lodging at Aberdeen Proving Ground is available through Aberdeen Proving Ground Army Lodging, and is contingent on space availability. Corvias Military Living does not provide temporary housing for service members waiting to be placed in on-post housing.

[+] Once contacted, how long do I have to respond to make a move-in appointment?

Once contacted, you have 72 hours to respond to the Leasing and Relocation Center before we offer that home to the next service member on the waitlist. Special circumstances will be considered on a case-by-case basis. If advance notification is possible, we can work with you to find an alternative that best serves you. If you will be out of town, please let the Leasing and Relocation Center know so arrangements can be made.

I'm getting ready to move on post...

[+] Can I designate someone to accept a home on my behalf or in my absence?

Yes, someone can accept a home for you (approve the assignment, sign the lease, and accept the keys). The individual acting on your behalf must be named on a special power of attorney which specifically details your designee's authority to manage the assignment and termination of housing for you at Aberdeen Proving Ground, sign the lease document on your behalf, and start/stop your allotment for housing.

I'm a current resident...

[+] My family has been living in our Aberdeen Proving Ground home for 3 years and we are ready to move. Can we apply for another waitlist?

Once the family is housed, the service member cannot apply for another waitlist unless the following occurs: the service member meets the eligibility requirements for additional bedrooms due to a change in rank or a change in family composition.

[+] My mother is coming to live with me, am I eligible for a larger home?

The parent must be established as a dependent of the service member through DEERS and have a military-issued ID card.

[+] Who will pay for my move if I am doing a voluntary inter-post move?

The service member will be responsible for the voluntary inter-post move.

[+] How long do I have to wait for an intra-post move?

Wait times for intra-post (IP) moves are not given. All incoming service members are housed first. When a home is available it will be offered to the first person on the IP move list. You must have at least 6 months remaining at Aberdeen Proving Ground to be offered a move.

I'm a Federal Civilian, Retired Military or Widowed Spouses of Retired Military...

[+] What are the benefits of moving on post?

Corvias provides great amenities such as 24-hour emergency maintenance, lawn care, pest control and trash pick-up. Residents enjoy the use of The Community Center that features a resort style swimming pool, fitness center with attached playrooms, multi-purpose rooms, and Yoga room. Additionally, DoD civilians will enjoy the close proximity to work. Retirees will have easier access to resources they utilize such as the Commissary, PX, and Kirk Army Medical Center.

[+] How is eligibility for post housing determined?

Single or unaccompanied DoD Civilians (who work on Aberdeen Proving Ground) and Military Retirees meeting income qualifications, credit requirements and acceptable rental history may apply for post housing. A Retiree, for post housing purposes, is considered anyone with a Retiree I.D. and who has commissary and PX privileges on the installation.

[+] How is the rent determined?

Rents are set at the market rates for the homes. Rent includes most utilities, lawn care, 24-hour maintenance, and access to Corvias Center and other amenities.

[+] Will accompanied federal civilians and accompanied retirees receive priority for homes?

Although accompanied federal civilians and accompanied military retirees are now eligible for some Aberdeen Proving Ground housing based on available inventory, the first priority for on-post housing remains to provide homes to active-duty military personnel and their families.

[+] What homes are being offered to federal civilians and retirees?

Currently, two, three and four-bedroom home types in the Patriot Village community are available to accompanied federal civilians and accompanied military retirees. Communities and home types may change at any time based on inventory.

[+] How much will the homes cost?

Prices may vary for home types based on floor plan features and availability. Please contact the Corvias Neighborhood Office for current pricing.

[+] Will federal civilians or military retirees pay less than active-duty service members for their homes?

Homes in the Patriot Village Neighborhood where federal civilians and retirees may reside in have a monthly rental amount based on the current market rate. These homes have a set price per type and all who reside in Patriot Village pay the determined monthly price as agreed upon in the Resident Occupancy Agreement. Price is subject to change upon lease renewal.